Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possiable to put a 1990 Indy 500 top end on a 95 xcr 440 lower end. They are both fuji engines, I don't see why they wouldnt work?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I dont think you would have anything to gain?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes a friend of mine has a 96 Xcr 440 and he put 89 indy 500 top end on it. Im not sure of what else it took for the sled to run right as far as fuel but it ran good!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I thought. Thanks for the help guys. I am purchasing a 95 xcr 440 with a blown top end from my cousin. I recieved cylindars and a 500 head from butcherboy and I am going to use it for the 440. Also does anyone have a set of used or new indy 500 pistons laying around?

·
Registered
97 Posts
its almost better to go with new stuff when it comes to internal engine parts. just buy a piston kits with gaskets. if you go with wisecos be sure to warm your engine and does hold it wide open very long.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Howes, do you have any more information on your friends XCR with the 500 top end on it. If you do would you please email me the specs.

·
Registered
97 Posts
All i know is that the indy 500 jug what bored .030 over. i beleive he ran that factory 440 carbs and some kind of twin pipes. he said it seemed to of made more power but ran real well.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I can't see why this wouldn't work. Make sure to check that the CDI and stator are the same. Don't be foolish and spend the extra few bucks on NEW pistons. Not sure how the stock 440 pipe will work with the 500 either?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The stock 440 pipe is the same as the 500 fuji pipe. I won't be needing the stock pipe anyway, as I am going to put twin SLP pipes on it.

As for the carbs, I can run the stock carbs and be fine, but obviously rejet for the twin pipes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts