Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jsut curious as to what someone here would pay for my sled, lots of mon ey invested

[attachment=52694]
[attachment=52695]

custom painted hood
4inch powermadd riser
powermadd brake extention
powermadd throttle cable extension
arctic atv bars
tuned aaen pipe paid 600 have recipt brand bew
hot seat performance clutch kit paid 300 have recipt
new heated grips
2002 xc seat and gas tank
1.25 camoplast predater paddle track
snowforce blue underglow led lights
cobra windsheild
plastic skis
UFOs
sled is very clean and is right beside the new 2007 firecat f5
clutch engages at 5000 rpm tops out a 9100 rpm

what would you pay for it, just curious and wondering if there is any intrest

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
900-1300 is probably what you will get out of it, its probably worth about 1400 with all you have done to it, but you wont get out of it what you put in it, i put 2300 into my 95 xcr 600 and i would sell it if i could get 2000 out of it, but no one will pay that so im just going to keep it

·
Registered
472 Posts
i won't pay more than 800 bucks for that sled. it is 16 or more years old. just my opinion, and no i am not interested. But you asked for input.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
1400 just because of the year. where did you get your hood painted?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Modded sledes are worth about as much as stock ones (through my experience) looks like a nice sled but 1000 would probly be the most you would get in my neck of the woods.

I had to sell my XLT for 800 and that had 3000 miles with Xtra 10 136" 1.5 track pipes EGTS all sorts of goodies, And yes I took a LARGE HIT in the pocket book!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
realistically your looking at getting 1000 dollars or under for that sled. Face it its getting old, reguardless of whats done consmetically the motor still prolly has lots of miles thats where the real value lies.

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
IMHO, custom/modded sleds are worth less to the 'general public.' I'd say most people view a custom/modded sled as less reliable, and therefore they aren't going to spend their hard-earned money on it. If a person hears of a decent reliablity with a sled, and you have that sled for sale it stock form, they will think it is what they heard it was (if that makes sense). Therefore, stock sleds are more appealing.

With that said, custom/modded sleds ARE worth more...to the right buyer. Finding that right buyer though, can be quite hard.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Originally posted by SLEDFX
[br]realistically your looking at getting 1000 dollars or under for that sled. Face it its getting old, reguardless of whats done consmetically the motor still prolly has lots of miles thats where the real value lies.
dude r u guys serious these engines are almost bulletproof, and plus he probally put about $1000 or more parts on it, one of my cousins had a 1990 indy 500 special 5000miles on it about and he got offers around $1200 he ended up selling it for $1400 with new carbines and almost new studded track, nd may imention these things are really reliable

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
yeah but all of the stuff he did to the sled was for him and may not appeal to other riders. and among other things the value of the sled is just that the value of the SLED. a dealer will NOT give you extra for the stuff that was put on and would actually have a tougher time selling it with the stuff on. So more then likley the items would be taken off and the sled returned to stock.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
was just curious

i dont plan on selling it
but ive got lots and lots of money invested, way over 1000 dollars
with cost of buying it close to 6000
the clutch kit and pipe was just 1000 dollars

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
i owuld keep it :D but u can always sell it to me for 800 bucks and i will give u a indy 400 88 just so u still have having to ride :D but i live in canada so there gores that plan

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by The_Mad_Warrior
[br]i owuld keep it :D but u can always sell it to me for 800 bucks and i will give u a indy 400 88 just so u still have having to ride :D but i live in canada so there gores that plan
im in ontario

everything is for sale when the price is right, im just riding it till then i guess.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
where did you get your hood painted?

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
do you know if he has a website?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts