Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the sled has warmed up and been driven awhile it gets very very boggy in the low rpms but screams in the mid to high rpms. It was run low on oil but not for very long before it was shut down. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of running duralube crankcase treatment thru with the normal oil to try and bring it back to life or not? A friend of mine told me about using this stuff but I'm sketchy on doing so. I've sank alot into the sled with the suspension and pipes and a few odds and ends and not really wanting to tear it down and rebuild. any thoughts or opinions on this is appreciated.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
forgot to mention i haven't gotten a comp test on it yet. when it's cold it has alot of comp behind it when starting but not when it is warm. hopefully after christmas shopping tomorrow i'll be able to do a comp test and pull the pipes off to check the pistons out from that side atleast.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pulled the clutch side pipe off and its scored up pretty good. goin up for sale today. can't afford to rebuild.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well looks like I didnt do as much damage as I thought. pulled the head off this morning and no scratches in cylinder wall and the other two pistons and cylinders are good.Hopefully get parts next week and see what happens.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2010122621734531_31805.jpg
2010122621813515_31805.jpg
2010122621851828_31805.jpg
well I was going to sell the crank and some other parts off my blown motor to buy a used motor that is good and found out when I pulled the heads off that it didnt do as much damage as I thought so will end up rebuilding it and getting it up and running this year yet. pto side was the piston that the rings were melted on. any thoughts on the wash on the other two?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts