Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took in an ifs xtra front suspension on trade, the guy gave me the fox shocks, trailing arms and the upper and lower radius rods, he also said it came off of a 96 ultra, I'm wondering how hard this swap will be? Will my steering rods be too short or can I adjust them to what I need?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
The 96 ultra ultra practically has the same front suspension as your sled, you won't really be gaining anything...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems as if the steering rods and sway bar are different between my sled and the donor

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
The shocks will swap over fine, they should be 13.25" eye to eye as the 96 ultra and your sled both have the standard 8" front suspension.

The sway bar is removed by drilling out the rivets of the plastic holding blocks that are mounted in the bulkhead, and removing at least one trailing arm to get it out of there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The shocks will swap over fine, they should be 13.25" eye to eye as the 96 ultra and your sled both have the standard 8" front suspension.

The sway bar is removed by drilling out the rivets of the plastic holding blocks that are mounted in the bulkhead, and removing at least one trailing arm to get it out of there.
Should I try to find the proper sway bar or try to extend mine in some way, shape or form?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Ok, I removed the rivets from the plastic holding blocks, now, how do I get the sway bar out?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
did you remove one of the trailing arms? if so you should be able to pull on it and it should come out.may have to turn and wiggle it some. the ultra sway bar is going to be longer by a couple inches and may be fatter

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did you remove one of the trailing arms? if so you should be able to pull on it and it should come out.may have to turn and wiggle it some. the ultra sway bar is going to be longer by a couple inches and may be fatter
Yup, had a trailing arm off, as soon as I started to pull and it got to the bend it got hung up and wouldn't go anymore

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm getting the sway bar from the sled the rest of the parts came from so need the other one out, I would like to keep it intact if I can

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Pull the plastic holding blocks out and off the sway bar, then it just takes a good amount of finagle-ing to shimmy it out of there around the bends of the sway bar.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts