Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a 1990 Polaris Indy 500 and i need to sell so i was wondering how much i should sell it for. i brought it to a sled shop near by and had them go through it and tell me whats wrong with it and they told me to fix it and make it trail ready it would be 1500.00 and i said hell no. there is a number of things wrong with it like the drive shaft bearings are shot and the rear suspension is missing bushings and spacers. there is no brake cable and the engine has low compression. but it has a 1991 Indy 650 seat on it thats in pretty good condition and a new track with 0 miles and the bars and and everything on the bars is from a 1991 Indy 650. so i was wondering wut i would get for it as a parts sled or would i get more if i parted it out???
[attachment=59541][attachment=59542]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Being that the engine and the drive train are shot, my guess would be about $100-$200 for the whole sled. Probably around $400 if you part it out. Again this is just my estimate.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I say part it out, you would get more then paying to have it fixed then sold.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I would part it out also

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
part it out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What is more important-Money or time invested? If you need it gone soon-sell it as is. If you have the time and tools to strip it down and sell the parts, go for it. You will probably make more parting it out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys. when i get the sled back friday from the shop ill probaly part it out and put the parts on ebay this weekend or this comming week.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Post back when you sell all the parts. I'm curious to see if I'm close to the dollar figure or not.
I'll even start, I'll give you $1 for the clutch bolt hole cover.

·
Registered
193 Posts
why not just replace the bearings, and not worry about the compression if its "low"...sleds will run just fine on anything over 100 psi...and i have seen many shops tell unsuspecting people "uhh, yeah your uhhh engine is gone and you need all new bearings and uhhh...ill do it all for 1500!" (to the voices of beavis and butthead)....they want to make the money, not tell you "your sled is tip top go have fun and ride"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts