Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I need some advice.
My safari steering is tight to turn but there is lots of play in the steering.... Does that make sense? Lol
When turning the handle bars, I have to turn them so far that it goes past and into the windshield.
Any suggestions!?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My safari steering is tight to turn but there is lots of play in the steering.... Does that make sense? Lol
When turning the handle bars, I have to turn them so far that it goes past and into the windshield.
Any suggestions!?
Any suggestions!?
I have a 89 cheyenne very good and reliable machine. mines not the same but their are bolts under engine compartment to tighten the steering column so flip machine almost on its side have block wood or something ready to support machine (watch for leaking gas) it shouldn't leak if everything's as should. Anyway theirs two 13 mm nuts on the underside of machine near bottom of steering column tighten them. Take block out put back on the ground. plus look at all pivots in steering mechanism. Have someone turn back and forth without moving ski then you can see and feel slack if pivot bolts loose use 13 and 17 mm wrench. Their is a adjustment spot on steering rod and tie rod if you adjust those make sure skis are straight forward but take measurements the distance between the ski s front and back of flat part on the base the front measurement should be wider by1/4" (toe out)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 89 cheyenne very good and reliable machine. mines not the same but their are bolts under engine compartment to tighten the steering column so flip machine almost on its side have block wood or something ready to support machine (watch for leaking gas) it shouldn't leak if everything's as should. Anyway theirs two 13 mm nuts on the underside of machine near bottom of steering column tighten them. Take block out put back on the ground. plus look at all pivots in steering mechanism. Have someone turn back and forth without moving ski then you can see and feel slack if pivot bolts loose use 13 and 17 mm wrench. Their is a adjustment spot on steering rod and tie rod if you adjust those make sure skis are straight forward but take measurements the distance between the ski s front and back of flat part on the base the front measurement should be wider by1/4" (toe out)
Hey, thank you so much for your help...i will check it out on Saturday,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts