Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother just bought a 1990 Yamaha Warrior off Craigslist. I've never owned a quad and have no experience with them. So, what can you guys tell me about this quad? Reliable? Easy to work on? Fast? Whatever else would be appreciated. It needs a main bearing and my brother said they cost $60, so he may have gotten a decent deal. I looked on KBB and it said a dealer asking price was $1335. What do these go for usually? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
When they are that old it's kinda like a sled. Pretty much depends on condition and demand. The warrior was a good quad though. 350, electric start, fairly user friendly but had decent power as well. I'd be more attracted to a banshee but that's like comparing an IQR to an IQ. If it's all there, good plastic, and ready to run (aside from the bearing) I'd say he got an alright deal.

I would tell your brother to check thumper talk for any help he may need...It's a bike forum but a lot of quad talk goin on too. I just joined dirt bike fanatics today and it looks like a good site too. Not as many members but I'm sure it'll grow soon enough.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He paid $480 for it, so I guess it wasn't that bad of a deal. I looked at couple of pictures and it looks to be in good shape other than the bearing obviously. A Banshee would be nice, but I know he doesn't have the money for one.[LOL] Do you think it would be a good quad for riding on the dunes?

·
Registered
567 Posts
for the dunes gear down run paddles and modify the air box or run KN with pre filters warrior has good torgue with the right gearing it will do good in dunes and like sledneck said just depends how it was ran. being its 20 years rebiuld would be in order too not a bad price tho. plenty of upgrades available for them quads if he wants to spend the $ but a grand is about right for them id run a banshee over a warrior too but its very user friendly and awesome for a beginner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts