Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1991 exciter 570 i took it out for the season . cleaned the carbs and changed the plugs took it around the yard acouple of times and it ran out of gas . now it dont run right . only goes to about 4500 rpm and the track barely turns . i recleaned the carbs and still the same. and now the tors light stays on . what is this tors stuff anyway . got the sled last year and never had a problem

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Sounds like something had to have gotten sucked into the carb. I would check it again, the main and piolot jets.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The TORS (throttle override system) is designed to keep your head attached to your shoulders if the throttle sticks, it'll automatically limit the rpm.
It's usually a function of the throttle lever assy. Is it stuck? Are there wires going to your throttle lever? Check for anything jammed in there, check the wiring for soundness (mine rubbed through on my VMAX4 800 and caused no end to the crappy performance until I found it).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there is wires going to the carbs . and i assume this is the tors system one wire was unhooked and i broke one set of wires at the sensors (i guess thats what they are)on the carbs . soldered them together . now it goes right up in the rpm . but has crap plugs so its not running purfect but alot better thanks for the info. where can i get a manual for this sled ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts