Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just would like too know what the stock hp on a 1991 indy 650 would be? I have been told anything for 95hp to 110hp. Is this right?
Also it has some mild work done to it from hotseat. Heads deck down Ten thousands and it bored Ten thousands.
I almost have it all in a 1998 xlt ltd evoled body with extra 12 in it. Is there any pipes that would work in the evoled body?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
650s only came in the wedge chassis, so any pipes will have to be modded to fit. But you might get lucky and they may fit with little to no mods. stock 650s where right around 100hp

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so if its 100hp stock. With cleaning up the ports, deck down and bored does 105 hp sound about right?
The xlt mono block that was in it was 92 hp. Do you think I will notice the power difference?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Should be close. Your best info would come from a performance shop such as Aaen http://www.aaenperformance.com/ as they did extensive work on these motors back in the day. I had a 91 950 with Aaen pipes, cleaned up the exhaust ports, and thinner head gaskets that performed very well. The 650 will have a little more torque and be a little stronger all the way throught the power band compared to the XLT motor. The Extra 12 robs a lot of power from any motor. In stock form, engagement at 4700+ and 8250 at wot on long pulls was the target.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts