Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was wondering about changing my rxl for efi to carbs....can it be done?..if show what wwould i need to do that and how?
Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
It can be done, but you'll lose several HP in the process.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Why do u want to change it? Sleds with efi usually start easier and dont require anymore work than a carb sled has from what ive been told at least.. But i could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
You will need diffrent carb boots, good luck finding some i never could. other than that just carbs jetted for a 650, throttle and choke cables

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you need to change the air box to?

bcole11 said:
Why do u want to change it? Sleds with efi usually start easier and dont require anymore work than a carb sled has from what ive been told at least.. But i could be wrong.
The sled doesnt run right at all..it will start but it dont rev up. idk whats wrong and i took it to a mechanic and he couldnt figure it out

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Ok, why don't we start with trying to get it running first... Then think about swapping.

Is the battery fully charged, and if you rev over 4,000 RPM does the battery jump up to ~14v?

When it's running, is there a light blinking on the ECU? (it would be right next to the fat plug) If so, post the error codes that it's flashing here. (it blinks long blinks then short blinks to spit out a number code) There may be several codes.

Let me know what you find, then we'll go from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts