Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1991 ski doo Formula mx with Mach 1 motor in it, the motor is the same year,it is a 617cc. We got a new throttle cable for it because i bought it without one. When i start it and rev it up it races and the kill switch or key wont turn it off. I would rather not pay a dealer to charge me my college fund to fix it. I don't really know what I'm doing that's why I came here.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
aguywithaproblem said:
I have a 1991 ski doo Formula mx with Mach 1 motor in it, the motor is the same year,it is a 617cc. We got a new throttle cable for it because i bought it without one. When i start it and rev it up it races and the kill switch or key wont turn it off. I would rather not pay a dealer to charge me my college fund to fix it. I don't really know what I'm doing that's why I came here.
check that your slides in the carbs are going all the way down. if so turn your idle screws out some to try to idle it down. the switches sound like a electricl problem check all your conections.

·
Registered
69 Posts
yeah make sure the throttle cable isnt too tight. even a little tight can cause it too allow more gas in. also check the kill switch.

·
Registered
61 Posts
plugs comming out of the cdi box also may cause ur key and kill switch to not function.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts