Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, all.
just wondering if anon knows anything about this sled. One of my uncles by marriage is going to give me this sled. I just gotta go and pick it up when i gets the time.
As far as i knows, it is a 488 fanner. In the past all i ever had were doo's with a 377 safari l being the biggest that ran. Are these engine reliable. I'm guessing they are from some of the info i gathered.
I'm also hoping that it's a lil faster than the old safari that toped out at about 60mph.
I know that the track on this sled is long, about 156" i think with an articulating track for reverse. Do this sled also have high/low chain case?
th stuff i really like to know i guess would come from a service manual including jet sizes carb setup, etc. but if anyone have any information it would surly be appreciated.
P.s Picures would be great to.
Thanks everyone and have a nice day.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm 99 percent sure that sled uses a gear case instead of a cvt system. Probably wrong on that one though. Here is a link to some common info on it.
http://www.polarisman.com/site/DisplayModel.cfm?ModelID=91SNOINDYSUPERTRAK&Year=1991

Also make sure the parking brake update has been done on it, im guessing it has.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
It still uses the CVT system. But instead of a chaincase, it has a gear box from which you can select high range, low range, or reverse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts