Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
my buddy wants to get a sled and is new to snowmobiling. I know a guy who is selling a 1991 yamaha srv 540 for $500. He is selling it for $1000, but he knows me and will give me or my friend it for half which I think is an awesome deal. The thing is pretty much mint. Only thing wrong is a broken tail light cover, a rip in the seat, and a small dent in the front bumper. That is nothing though. Engine fires right up and has about 2,000 miles on the thing. It has a newer track, new runners, and carbides. I know it is a great deal but my friend isn't convinsed. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
725 Posts
My buddy has got one, they are decent sleds, fairly light weight and agile in the powder. Not really impressive when compared to a Polaris of the same year though, the suspension is not the greatest and the rider position is very uncomfortable for standing up. His has a little over 6000 miles on it and it gets ridden pretty easy, yet it only has 90 pounds of cranking compression when at running temp. and it has intermittent electrical problems. It definitely sounds like a good deal at $500 though, if I were in his position I would buy it, and if he don't like it he could probably sell it for $1000 and buy a nice mid-late 90's era sled with better suspension and a better chassis. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've got 3 SRV's ranging from 5000-11000 km's good sleds with decent power, light weight and easy to throw around. $500 is a very good deal

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds great! I think we are going to go look at it again tomorow and hopefully he will buy it. If not I think I might actually buy it for something to tool around on. Thanks for the help everyone. I will let everyone know what the status is after we look at it tomorow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts