Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me again, I finally got another spring for the jag to try. The problem that i was having was too low of engaugement. The spring that it said and that it had in it was red (in the primary) I just changed it to yellow/green. It has 2 different colors on it. It seems to enguage higher now, seems better but will this effect my top speeed? I can't really tell because the snow is all wet here and my speedo on it broke the other day. I was wondering if I should play with the secondary spring, by putting it into a different hole. How do I know where it should be? It is hard to tune it with out a tach. When stopped, the belt is 1\16 above it, just like it should be. If that means anything. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
749 Posts
put a purple in one and it worked great with grinded weights a blue second and i think its a 5357 multyangle cam. the wieghts should be ground to 47.5 what is your stock setup. this is a setup for a special (twin carb) but it should work for yours.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cam is stock on the secondary. I have no idea what the weights are. They just say A-1 on them. The secondary is blue so at least I know that that is o kee do kee. Do you think that changing the spring will adjust top speed? I am wondering if no matter what I do to the primary it will mess with top speed. I think that all the speed adjustments come from the secondary. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Your sled has 48.5 weights on it.(thats for up to 400 feet). If your from 4000to10000 feet above sea level than you have 44s. If you have the 48.5 grind the edges off them in a straight cut. Yours sled has a 53 degree cam in it so put a 53/57 degree. You have the right spring.(blue) Then put a purple primary spring. (Purple) the numbers on this is 136 for take off 254 when compressed. Trust me you won't have to worry about speed. This will alow you to get wicked midrange and a top end of 85Mph. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will take them out and weigh them. Thanks for the info! How did you come up with all of that? just curious

1 - 5 of 5 Posts