Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 92 ARCTIC CAT 550EXT AND I HAD BLOWN A CYLINDER. I JUST GOT THE CYLINDER BACK AND THEN HAD IT STARTED TO ONLY 1000 rpm AND THEN I TOOK THE PLUGS OUT AND HAD NO SPARK, THEN I BOUGHT NEW PLUGS, THAT WASNT THE PROBLEM. BOUGHT A BRAND NEW IGNITION COIL AND THAT WANST THE PROBLEM. I AM THINKING ABOUT REPLACING THE STATOR COILS. LET ME KNOW. THE MOST EXPENSIVE THING IN THE CDI BOX, I WANT TO GO WITH THE STATOR CAUSE ITS CHEAPER. ANY BODY HAVE INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL STATOR COILS? WHAT IS A HAMONIC BALANCER? CAN I USE A STERRING WHEEL PULLER? HELP ME PLEASE I WANT TO RIDE SO BAD!!!!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Are you sure you're chking the spark correctly?? If so, if you have no spark on either side it's gotta be either the CDI or the stator. If it's only on one side the stator should be good. Let us know...

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think your CDI box is much more likely to give up the ghost on you than tearing into your mag. Do you have a buddy that you can test his CDI out on yours?

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you know anyone with a 550 or 580 EXT,ZL,or ZR they all use the same electrical parts.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i got the fly wheel off and the stator contacts are rusted, may have found another cause, a magnet in side is broke off . what do i do? rotors are too expensive

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you mean one of the magnets off the fly wheel here is one that will fit.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2403779278&category=6745

Good luck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
some guy told me to glue it on so i did and it holds pretty strong, so i am going to go put it all back together, cleaning all contacts and hopefully this will do it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
still no spark, cleaned grease off stator coils, and rust off the other two contacts. and no spark. took ignition off and jumped wires and nothing happened, took the kill switch out and looked at it, nothing happened. so now i must do that last thing. illl let you know

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you have spark,but weak spark the ignition coil is a gonner. that is what i think anyway

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i now have voltage commin from stator. going to get cdi box tested
let me know guys youve helped more than you think

·
Registered
172 Posts
CD, what's going to happen if that glue lets loose? You may have a more serious problem to deal with if it lets go at high RPM... just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
Hope it didn't take nearly 13 years to get fixed...

:/

Sent from a Mobile Telephonic Contraption.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts