Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sled will not start it has good compression new place but it's the Indy 500 with efi. I got it to start one time and it ran for like one mininute then slowely died out has not started sence what parts can I be checking? I'm wondering if it's the efi box what do you guys think? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
632 Posts
check the battery. needs it to power the EFI.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Friend of mine had the same problem, his diagnosis was a bad computer. His fix was a carbed motor ( although I cant imagine a computer would cost way too much used ).

Check your battery first though, like said above.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
It has carburetors, not EFI.

Also, make sure the 2 batteries have the same voltage, and dont overcharge it.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
First thing to check is make sure the battery is pumping the full 12volts. EFI system didn't like to work without full voltage.

Whats the flashing light code on the ECU?? The number of long flashes is the first digit, and the number of the short flashes is the second digit. (ie, long-long-short = 21).

What sledcrusher meant by "carbed motor was the fix" is that in order to fix the problem, they converted the EFI motor into a carbureted motor. Oh, and a good working used ECU goes for $100 easy, I wouldn't call that cheap.

sledcrusher said:
Also, make sure the 2 batteries have the same voltage, and dont overcharge it.
2 batteries?? Stop giving false information.

·
Registered
632 Posts
cheaper than converting to carbed motor im guessing. I wouldnt jump it, but try charging it for a couple hours. If you jump it you could do more damage.

·
Registered
308 Posts
charge it and get a good battery tester. or take it to auto zone, they can load test it to tell you if they are bad, but it has to be charged first obviously.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
You can use cables to a charged 12v battery to jump-start the sled, and it will not harm it.. Just do NOT connect the sled to a running vehicle.

If the sleds runs fine when jumped, then charge or replace the sled battery.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay I bought a new battery and it's don't start still? The fuel pump does cycle every time I pull start it. So what should I do next?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Whats the flashing light code on the ECU??

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Two other simple and sometimes overlooked things to check are 1.) fuel shut off valve (that little guy gets me often) and 2.) the fuel pick up hose. Hose commonly rots off so if you have less then a half tank, you aren't getting fuel to the motor.

Here are the error codes, the code you provided doesn't match up with them...
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/file/177377/display.aspx

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
The sequence of flashes is long then short flashes, it will not flash one short flash alone.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
A single flash is the self diagnostic of the ECU when powered up.
Then any others are the trouble codes.
Will it fire if you prime the cylinders?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I got it running now but I think like a guy said the hose rotted off because I filled sled up and sled started right up so what is the best way to go abot fixing the rotted hose off in the tanks ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts