Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 Indy 500 EFI. It died on me 15 years ago while riding and could not get it started. It's sat in storage for years. Pulled it out to get going and sell. A little gas down the cylinders it fired right up, twice. It ran fine, I cleared it out. Next time went to start, no luck. Pull and pull almost seems exactly like when you forget to lift the kill switch. Let it sit a day or so, drained the gas from bottom end, cleaned plugs etc. Found a break in one black wire, made contact with its bamn fired off first pull. Let it run, shut it down, started great again and sat at idle. Went to get some tools, it died on its own, and now won't fire again. The ready light comes on, the pump cycles fine. It seems it suddenly loses signal from a module or something, very intermittent. I will attach a photo of the wire I repaired.i read somewhere someone had a kill switch internal short, wonder if this could be the concern

My wiring may be slightly different as a new wiring harness was put in years ago, due to too much corrosion on the previous one.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Bumper

1 - 1 of 1 Posts