Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone who answered my previous question.I have another one.I'm trying to remove the driven pulley from the jackshaft.I removed the outside bolt and figured it would just slide off.Ofcourse it did'nt.I saw a snap ring behind the pulley on the shaft.so I removed it.The pulley still does not come off.Will I need to pull it off with a puller or is it just seized?

·
Registered
1 Posts
breid444 said:
Thanks to everyone who answered my previous question.I have another one.I'm trying to remove the driven pulley from the jackshaft.I removed the outside bolt and figured it would just slide off.Ofcourse it did'nt.I saw a snap ring behind the pulley on the shaft.so I removed it.The pulley still does not come off.Will I need to pull it off with a puller or is it just seize

i want my sled fixed[8D]

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It's probably just rusted on there. You might have to do some pounding to get it out, but don't go whacking with a mallet. Try a rubber mallet or something that isn't metal at first. Once, I ended up using a length of 2x4 to tap, rotate, tap, rotate until it finally came off... once you get it off don't forget to grease the hell out of the shaft before putting the clutch back on. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts