Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a '92 617 thats a real nice sled... Only thing is it has a 2-up seat and being younger im not a big fan. My cousin has a 617 and it is a real nice sled that smokes anything it races. Just wondering if anyone knows if the model with the 2-up seat has any differences? I wonder if you could just swap the seat for a normal one and it'd be the same as my cousins? Thanks for any help!

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
mmmm I think you should just be able to swap seats...

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
yup u can just swap seats...its nice to have both tho...one day u can tear up the trails on ur own the next u can have the 2up on with ur gf hanging on for dear life[:D]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds like a good idea. I'll just use velcro to hold it on and swap it as I please-lol
Now I just need to check to see if the local sled yard has any in stock. Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
i am also considering one of these for a snowmobile, and it is a 2-up as well. How are these for power? Des the long track affect performance much? thanks.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm not sure if it has a longer track or not with the 2 up, but if it does that just means better traction.... I just checked my Royal cataloge and it shows no lontrack Mach's, so I say it's just a different seat... The 617's pull hard.... Gobs of power....

·
Registered
114 Posts
what is the fuel mileage like? one of my buddies says he owned a '92 and it was brutal?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Changing the seat on that sled is really easy. I just got a 91 Mach1 with a one up seat on and I pulled it off to inspect the tunnel, and it is a simple 2 nut/2 screw proposition. Just remove 2 nuts under the tunnel at the far rear of the sled, and two screws on the sides of the tunnel next to the foot holds. Then it slides right off. Piece of cake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts