Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 92 EFI that previously was swapped to a carburated 500 because the last motor blew up and the CDI took a crap on them. She will not stop flooding on me. I'll drain the crankcase and it will run for 30 seconds then seems to flood back up and bogs out and dies. Has a real bogging sound when it does run and won't idle. I have cleaned carbs 3 times now. Adjusted float height checked the needles and seats they look brand new and blew through them to check and make sure they were working. Checked the choke plungers the slides are working. Plugs are new and are wet and somehow gas is getting into the crank and quite a lot of it. I considered that it could be the fuel pump but that's brand new and fuel is staying out of the purge line. I've considered that maybe the fuel pump is overpowering the system and forcing fuel through the needle and through the carb. All fuel lines are new. And gas is making its way back out of the intake barrels of the carb. Yesterday I decided to see if the floats were doing there job and closing the needle all the way so I bent the float arm way past tolerance so the needle would close earlier then normal and it ran for about 5mins and was very close to idle but then bogged out again.
Is it just the needle and seat that's still not working? what else could be flooding the crank so quickly and even after just a few pulls

1 - 1 of 1 Posts