Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting to get a 1992 indy running. Last year the wiring cable that goes up to the dash/headlights came loose and melted some wires on the exhaust. This blew the fuse link and it died. After splicing the wires that melted and replacing the fuse it still will not run. Fuel pump will not come on when key is turned to the start position. Ecu is showing a solid red light so thought it may be ruined. Replaced the ecu with another found on ebay and still nothing. I've tried the hard reset by holding it in the start position which doesn't work. Thinking the "self shutoff relay" may be burnt up? Any experienced opinion would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Mesh Motor vehicle Road surface Wire fencing Gas
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Schematic Font Rectangle Material property Engineering

·
Registered
9 Posts
If it is a failed acs, you can bypass the acs relay by wiring in a toggle switch. (Or get fancy and have a relay do this but use ignition power to trigger the relay).

The fuel pump relay is stock, and the acs plug in the video is where I put my switch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm working through a bogging issue on my sled and I have spend the past 2 weeks or so looking for those relays. I finally found them and wanted to post it here to help you, and for any others who stumble across this thread.

Standard Motor Products RY39 looks like it will fit. I have one on order myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.