Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a deal on a 2001 z440 ac suspension. I was wondering if this is a tsl suspension and if i can put it in my 92 wildcat for a better ride. Thanks. RC

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Yes and yes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OldCatRider said:
Yes and yes.
Old cat rider you are the man that knows these swaps I see. Every time I have a question you are all over it....THANKS. my concern was I did not see the tsl links in the parts list at browns leisure world. Guess I will be going for a drive this weekend to look at the suspension. I know I need the dimension from the drive to the front mount and the dimension from the front mount to back mount hole. Any other dimension I need while I am there?? Thanks again for your insight!!!!![thumb]

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Well, mine was move the mount holes 2.5" forward for the front and rear.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Sorry to tell you this, but
The Z suspension is Not a TSL, although it Is an ETT.
ZR, ZL, EXT, ZRT 97 and later used TSL skid's.
The Z's use an ETT skid without the TSL's.

It would still be a considerable improvement over your stock skid.

But

You will need the measurement's from a Z chassis to transfer it to your chassis.
If you try using TSL measurement's the geometry will be wrong, and the skid won't work correctly.

Rick

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Festus33 said:

But

You will need the measurement's from a Z chassis to transfer it to your chassis.
If you try using TSL measurement's the geometry will be wrong, and the skid won't work correctly.

Rick
Thanks rick, i didnt think it was a tsl suspension when i didnt see it in the parts look up. Did you ever sell your suspension??
I found the Z suspension on craigs list and the guy wanted 150 for it i thought that was a good deal. should i wait for a tsl to come around or would you put in the z suspension? Thanks for the info. Rory

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
cheeta said:
Festus33 said:

But

Rick
Thanks rick, i didnt think it was a tsl suspension when i didnt see it in the parts look up. Did you ever sell your suspension??
I found the Z suspension on craigs list and the guy wanted 150 for it i thought that was a good deal. should i wait for a tsl to come around or would you put in the z suspension? Thanks for the info. Rory
Nope have'nt sold it yet.
Although I did pick up another 98 ZR skid a couple of week's ago.
That one's most likely going in the Prowler, so I can do a rebuild the one that's in it now.

That presently bring's Me up to 3 ZR skid's.
One that's converted to 144" tip up for the EXT, One in the Prowler, and one for rotation, or spare part's
And the EXT/ZL skid that I'm still trying to sell.

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts