Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 Polaris indy trail and i cant keep it running and its boggs really bad. I've cleaned the carbs and replaced the choke plungers and that didnt do it, I've replaced the plugs, I've checked the oil, and even tried mixing gas and that wont do it. I've been temped to try running it without the drive belt but i know thats a bad idea and i dont wanna break it even more. i thought about replacing the carbs and the CDI but if that wasnt the issue then i just wasted 250 bucks.
Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Are we starting with a mechanically sound engine? Does it post good compression numbers? Are your u sure the carbs are adjusted properly, chokes set to spec, etc?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Are you sure the air box doesn't have anything in it??( mouse nest)
Also make sure the exhaust doesn't have any blockage. ( mouse nest )

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are we starting with a mechanically sound engine? Does it post good compression numbers? Are your u sure the carbs are adjusted properly, chokes set to spec, etc?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

chokes have been set to spec and i did reset the air screws from the specs on the inside of the hood, and i dont have a compression tester, but my friend (who is a mechanic) said that i should do my best to plug the hole with my finger as best i could and have someone else pull on it and if it blew my finger off, it should be fine, which i did and it did blow my finger off. So idk, im going to go through everything on it this weekend and clean the carbs and go through the fuel system and clean out the gas tank and make sure everything is how its supposed to be, and i'll try to remember to get a compression tester in town. when i go to check the compression, what should those numbers be at?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you sure the air box doesn't have anything in it??( mouse nest)
Also make sure the exhaust doesn't have any blockage. ( mouse nest )
I have ran the machine without both the exaust pipe and air box and that didnt change anything so idk, I guess i could check this weekend while im out there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts