Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has experience with this sled. `What are opinions on it? Would it be a good beginner sled?
Any info would be cool, thanks.....[:p]

·
Registered
133 Posts
How much of a beginner? I had/have two of these. My oldest son destroyed them both. Still have whats left of two chassis. They are kind of heavy and the skis are to short. Not the most indestructable chassis. The front suspension actually works pretty good. I put ski skins that fit a formula (f chassis) on mine and it worked great for extra front floataion. I loved the windshield. Low enough to see over but completely blocked wind from hands and mid chest downward. I didn't like the type of driveshaft sprockets that go through the track. They wear. Pretty high center of gravity. Comfortable seat. Mechanical brakes are as good as(I liked them better) same year Polaris hydralic. If you replace any shocks, get them from the dealer. The rears have considerable damping and some aftermarket shocks don't have enough. Not a big aftermarket supply of parts (like polaris).

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I hate a '91. And its been doing good so far... I run it pretty rough. I guess I will see how its doing in a year or 2...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks....

·
Registered
125 Posts
My 94 safari deluxe is still going strong after 8000km. My steering is getting kinda loose, im thinking its time to change to tie rod ends?? Other than that, slides are kinda tricky to get on, but Im really happy with it. Never had any problems with it except the voltage regulator and minor tune up stuff. I did all the work myself and its a nice simple machine. It was my first sled, and would recommend it for a beginner. Im wishing mine was a 500 now, but what can ya do.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is also my first sled, I got it for 600.00. here is a pic , ...my brother in law and father in law just bought sleds also but they bought brand new...i bought this one to ride for the rest of season, then by next near i should know exactly which type of sled to buy with whatever features i want...For now it will be mostly trail riding in N.E. Pennsylvania and NY...so im not looking to break mach 7, but if it will 55-60 i would be happy, it has a 368 engine..& handwarmers. I think i got a decent deal on it...any comments...?

/polarisman/../images/users/king244/Snowmobile.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts