Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a sled and have come on a pretty good deal for the above mentioned sled. I'm looking for opinions as to the quality of Arctic cats, specifically this one, and common problems with them?

Most of my buddies have skidoo's.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
i have one and i am trying to part is out. they are fast sled kinda heavy. the suspension in mnine was kinda old schoold but ok. and other than that its a triple triple who can go wrong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah ya.. i was afraid of it being too heavy. Do you know of any 600+cc twin sleds in the area for $1000 or less 98srx700?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
sorry bro, i am not sure i am not from that area. but the sled is ok and fast too. what do you want it for, what kinda riding doy you do?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Great sleds if you invest money upgrading them, expecialy the suspension. What ever you pay for it expect doubling or tripling it before you have a great sled for the trails, but in my opinion worth it. I've done it with 4 93 T-cats.

Ps: If you don't buy it let me know where it is. I'm a collector of sorts of 93 T's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
98srx700 i'm in collingwood.. saw your in hamilton - nearly the same area :p

I do trail riding, around town.. guys i ride with have an 02 srx 700trip, 94 mach z 780trip, and a 98ish vmax 600twin. Nothing too serious just like having something that rips..

If i buy this sled ($1300, trying to get him down to $1100) then i would like to mod the suspension next year or maybei n the summer.

·
Registered
282 Posts
they were the first generation of cranks with the wide big rod end bearing cage that were replaced by a narrower one,and then the same narrow cage with more elements

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Originally posted by Mavrick
[br]98srx700 i'm in collingwood.. saw your in hamilton - nearly the same area :p

I do trail riding, around town.. guys i ride with have an 02 srx 700trip, 94 mach z 780trip, and a 98ish vmax 600twin. Nothing too serious just like having something that rips..

If i buy this sled ($1300, trying to get him down to $1100) then i would like to mod the suspension next year or maybei n the summer.
well ok i didnt see that, i will keep my eyes open what are you looking to spend? if you want to keep up with the group you sled with (based on their sleds) you going to need at least a 700.

well i sent you info on my tcat. you be hanging with them if not ahead of them with a 900 or 1000. i have an srx myself and boy they sure are quick.

ps. what is the snow like up there looking to get out next weekend for sure.

thanks nik

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Snow is good up here, we got dumped on last night like 8" and a couple more today..

Im looking to spend $1000-$1100 on something that i can ride this year, so unfortunatly your cat is no good for me right now. A fixer upper would be a good summer project for next year though..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts