Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking at buying a new sled but i cant bring myself to do so i really like my xlt and alot of the sleds out there i like look like they have been beat alot and i dont want to buy a sled and find out it is a money pit.

so i am thinking about investing in some parts and i have a few questions
1. suspension i want an xtra 10 but is it worht the hasle to go with a m10 instead?
2. is there anything i can do to get a little extra performance out of it without breaking the bank.
3. what is the max paddel size i can go without having to remove the tunnel guard?

·
Registered
71 Posts
The M-10 would be the best choice, but the x-tra 10s are abundant and the swap would be pretty straight forward.

If you haven't geared and clutched it yet, that would be the easiest and cheapest thing to do.

I wouldn't go much more than 1 1/4" inch, when you go beyond that you may have to look at changing drive wheels.
My advice is to keep it simple if it is your only sled. I have two that are pretty much left alone and one that is my work in progress, it is fun but not always dependable, just my $.02

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
My ol lady put alot of miles on her 93 XLT, so i thought i'd upgrade her a litle and bought her a 01 Doo 600 MXZ....she hates the Doo and misses her XLT! An edge skid would be a nice upgrade, you could pipe it for some extra performance, all depends on just how much you want to spend...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how hard was it to put in the edge suspension. i have heard some people say its a pain and some say its not bad. i have been looking for one but cant find one close so far i am going to call a guy who has a xtra 10 skid and see how much he wants.

also what would be the biggest handlebar raiser i could put on without having to have brake extensions. i was thinking about 3 inch but could i go to like 4?

·
Registered
323 Posts
hemi said:
how hard was it to put in the edge suspension. i have heard some people say its a pain and some say its not bad. i have been looking for one but cant find one close so far i am going to call a guy who has a xtra 10 skid and see how much he wants.

also what would be the biggest handlebar raiser i could put on without having to have brake extensions. i was thinking about 3 inch but could i go to like 4?
It wasn't too bad really! Just got the measurments from jb's website then made a template and transferred it to my tunnel. used plates up front then just used the cooler rails and drilled thru those all the way along and used bolts with nylocks on them, cause the back hole is right where the end of the cooler is, very close! u either have to notch it or do what i did, worked out great! as far as extensions i just added a two inch one from powermadd. three might be too tight without adding some extensions to cable on brake.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I've got an xtra 10 for sale I can ship looking for $200

1 - 7 of 7 Posts