Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 1993 xlt special. Unfortunately the suspension rails were cracked. I looked on line for a replacement. I was sent the wrong suspension from someone on ebay. It appears to be an xc100 suspension. If I use the xc100 rails and front portion of the suspension and the xlt specails its type one rear suspension, is this going to cause any damage. I am new to the sport. Thanks

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
you should re-locate the mounting holes and install an xtra-10 or something. If you use a xc-100 or xc-101 you will still have to re-located the holes and still have minimal travel. Or just try and find some good rails....(good luck)
I had the same sled as you years ago. My rails were shot so I bought a nice fox shocked XCR suspension off a 95. Went to hang it under the 93 and the rail tips would hit the drive cogs on the drive shaft. The Improved Transfer Suspension used in 93 was mounted further forward than others in that era. I ended up finding 2 ITS rails at the haydays and then using the fox shocks on that suspension.Mine was a regular XLT not a special....

People on e-bay will tell you anything you want to hear just to make a sale....95% have no clue what a ITS suspension is and will list any suspension to fit any sled. Most just say contact your dealer for fitment questions. How many dealers want to answer your 50 question on something they are not selling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im finding that out the hard way. Thanks for the response. I will see if I can find any ITS rails on craigslist in my area. At least I can check them before hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts