Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the water pump located because my sled over heats everytime i ride it and i think its the water pump?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The head gasket may be installed wrong if you've recently had the engine opened up. Been there, done that.
D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its something to do with the coolant because i replaced the heat exchanger under the track becasue the studs tore a whole in it... how can i know if the water pump is bad?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Did you bleed the system after you replaced the exchanger?

If you didn't, you have a massive air bubble in the heat exchanger that's blocking coolant flow, causing the overheating.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
You'll need to tip the sled, to get the bubble to move to the front where it can be worked out.

Best would be lifting the front while the back stays on the ground, but without a lift that's tough, so tipping it onto it's left side can also help, but not quite as effectively.

You need to work it around and keep topping off the reservoir until you can run it and feel the coolers warming up.

It will probably take several tries to get it all out. It may even work well once, then after shutting it off, there may be enough of a bubble to interfere with circulation again, so you'll have to bleed it again.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I left my sled on the trailer, lifted the tongue all the way up and filled with antifreeze, ran the sled, and filled some more. Evenually the bubble will go away and will be full of coolant once again.

Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
You'll need to tip the sled, to get the bubble to move to the front where it can be worked out.

Best would be lifting the front while the back stays on the ground, but without a lift that's tough, so tipping it onto it's left side can also help, but not quite as effectively.

You need to work it around and keep topping off the reservoir until you can run it and feel the coolers warming up.

It will probably take several tries to get it all out. It may even work well once, then after shutting it off, there may be enough of a bubble to interfere with circulation again, so you'll have to bleed it again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts