Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 1994 Mach 1 670 rave that we found, owner had the drive clutch explode on her and she quit running it after that-2002-2003 was last time it was ran. She gave it to my son to get it out of yard.
Sled had a new track and sliders, plus front suspension rebuild just before the clutch, and is in good condition, stored indoors under cover.
We cleaned the carbs, put in ngk br8es and a new primer, plus new fuel and oil lines and a used clutch and new belt and repaired the pan and belt cover and , the only thing that is not repaired is the key switch, she broke the key off in it and there is enough key left the use a pliers to turn it. Got it running again, sort of--
It will not idle below around 3500 and at that rpm the clutch is kicking in, but does rev to over 9000 on the stand. We have fresh 93 ron fuel and fresh oil and it smokes like we're running 20-1 mix fuel.
Now the last sled I had was a Citation SS and it was 3 seasons old when I sold it. We have no idea on idle speed, clutch enauagement rpm, oil injection settings or any of the specs on this machine to know what to do next. Anyone have any idea's or advice on this? Thanks for help in advance!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I agree with BskidooC with the plugged pilots, how did you "clean the carbs"?

The best thing to do to answer your question s is to pick yourself up a shop manual. It will provide you with all your reccomended settings from clutching, jetting, engagements and top RPM
You should idle around 1000rpm and max rpm ~8200rpm (going over you loose major HP)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Carb cleaning- Carbs were taken off the sleb, bowls taken off on bench, floats removed and both body and bowls were soaked in a bucket of carb cleaner overnite. Next day rinsed off, sprayed Gunk carb cleaner in all the jet and neadle and seat and reasembled. Placed back on sled and hooked up.
In addition it will idle below 300 if you punp the primer alot which makes me think the crank seals are dried out and leaking. won't know untill we replace the coolant line that went out finding this out.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
rickpilgrim said:
Carb cleaning- Carbs were taken off the sleb, bowls taken off on bench, floats removed and both body and bowls were soaked in a bucket of carb cleaner overnite. Next day rinsed off, sprayed Gunk carb cleaner in all the jet and neadle and seat and reasembled. Placed back on sled and hooked up.
In addition it will idle below 300 if you punp the primer alot which makes me think the crank seals are dried out and leaking. won't know untill we replace the coolant line that went out finding this out.
So you did not pull your pilot jet, main jet, mixing tube, air screw and fuel valve?
This is a must, you take everything apart, you need cleaner and compressed air, and beable to see through the jets, and blow out every orfice on the carb body.

Your no idle issue is caused from a plugged pilot jet

(ps count your turns in on the air screw so you can have the same setting on the reassmble

·
Registered
71 Posts
TeamNFG said:
rickpilgrim said:
So you did not pull your pilot jet, main jet, mixing tube, air screw and fuel valve?
This is a must, you take everything apart, you need cleaner and compressed air, and beable to see through the jets, and blow out every orfice on the carb body.

Your no idle issue is caused from a plugged pilot jet

(ps count your turns in on the air screw so you can have the same setting on the reassmble
X2!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts