Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My polaris died and will only start up if we set a direct path from the battery to the fuel pump. We have checked all resistors and relays. Could this be a bad wire in the wiring harness or a bad grounding

·
Registered
156 Posts
Does the fuel pump run when you pull the starting cord? The Polaris EFI sleds need a good fully charged battery. There are a few things to check. I have three Polaris EFI sleds. The newest one that I picked up had a bad connector plug where the polaris and fuji come together.
If it ran then quit I would think it is in the wiring somewhere.
I would start by tracing all the wires from point a to point b. I have attached the wiring diagram for you and how to check the relays. BTW where are you located?

JJ

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Cutoff some of the sheet use this one.

JJ

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am already tracing the wires on my manual and my snowmobile died in the middle of a joy ride on a lake.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mustang,

So you have spark but not fuel? Are you showing any codes flashing? There is a LED on the front of the CPU. If you have spark does it run if you spray gas into the throttle bodies or cylinders?

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mustang,

There are a few reasons why the ECU does not have power. So if you pull the cord the fuel pump does not run. There is a inline fuse, circuit breaker and the ACS. The ACS provides power when you pull the cord to the ECU. Attached is the wiring diagram. Test if you have 12 volts going into and coming out of the ACS when you pull the cord.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should I justs take it in to a shop ? We have tested most everything except the harness which is this weekends plan

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mustang,

Most shops do not work on these old sleds and it gets pricy to troubleshoot them. If you do not mind putting in sometime and have basic knowledge on how to use a voltage meter you should be able to do it. Update your profile on where you are located. Maybe someone is close to you and can assist that has the knowledge. If you are willing to put in the time I will take some photos of what to check and we can make some progress.

Post back what you direction you want to go in.

JJ

Reactions: Ugly_old_Poo_kid
1 - 9 of 9 Posts