Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to pick her up today and its a nice little sled for me! Took it out for a spin and I'm pretty happy with it. Picture will follow soon...

It's lc,studded track. I'll have to replace the carbide soon. gonna get license sticker put on and insure it and most importantly, purchase trail permit then im all good to go. Paid a grand for it. my father in law thinks i got a good deal on it. My wife and I are going to rip our sled out in our field till I get things I need to do for my sled done.

Waited for this for 3 years so im super pumped!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ wow your sled almost looks like mine! This winter I'm goig to enjoy my sled the way it is now. Hopefully in the next fall I'll have enough money to have a once over on my sled and replace whatever needs replacing..

Right now I need to replace the carbide.Just finished messing around in the field. I'm just waiting for "busniess day" to be open so i can reg and insure my sled and trail permit for sure ( if you are caught without a permit the fine can go up to 2 grand)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are my new sled and the yamaha is my wife's sled.

20101219173747265_32788.jpg
20101219173748453_32788.jpg

I'll have a better picture later on with my snowmobile suit on and helmet. The field we have is a 2 1/2 acre not really big but just enough to destroy fresh snows lol

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Throw a clutch kit on it and she'll scream!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just got my very first sled over the summer it's a 94 polaris xlt Indy sp. The guy I got it from told me it need some work so he gave it to me for 200 bucks. All that was wrong with it was the chokes were stuck up so I got sum new plunger springs for it and she run's great! Not a bad deal for my first sled I think

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guys, Rather than making a new thread...just a quick questions my tube for anti-freeze melted as it touched my muffler so i need to replace it. Can i get the tube from auto shop or does it have to be from snowmoile shop?

do i nee to mix coolant with water? I lost quite a bit so i need to refill it.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks man.Gonna try fix it on monday. stores around here are closed tomorrow so I'm sh!t out of luck til then..

·
Registered
323 Posts
Its a good idea to jack the sled up in the front when u are adding coolant and running it so u don't get air bubbles if i remember right

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Yup^. It'll help prevent air lock.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, my wife and I went into the big smokes today so i bought stuff i needed but wrong size hose *groans* That'll be looked after tomorrow. Got the carbide so one ski is off and sitting in the furance room for all the snow to melt.So no sledding for me till next weekend.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, good news! I just finished putting on one new carbide and they fit like a glove!so one down 1 to go!

I dont think the carbide ever been replaced. The old one was really worn out bad. Looks like I'll be replaceing stuff on my sled in the future.Summer project LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts