Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my sled and hope someone out there can help. Starts beautifully, idles up and runs smoothly for about 4-5 minutes. Then for no reason shuts down. Don't sputter or miss fire. As if you hit the kill button or turned the key. Try to start her and not an offer. Wait and hour or so and she starts. Any Ideas???? Thanks

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm not really sure if this is the right path or not, but I'm sure others can help.

Isnt there some sort of kill switch in the throttle of the Polaris? I'm almost certain that they do, maybe your throttle has some play in it?

Someome please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I would be looking at some sort of temp sensor...possibly starting to warm up and thinking it has an overheat condition and shuts the sled down to prevent a meltdown. Just a thought

·
Registered
19 Posts
did you check all of your ignition and kill switch wires? to me it sounds like something is shorting out or something. i could be wrong but its just a suggestion.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hard to say, but I would look into the CDI box and the infamous computer. See if the sucker has spark but no fuel (computer) or no spark but has fuel (CDI). If it stars and runs fine for 4-5 minutes I would rule out a short and a fuel pump, because if you have a short it is going to happen all the time or intermittantly, if the pump is bad the sucker wont run at all. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts