Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought a 1994 rxl and it ran fine, but i went out the other day and tried to start the sled, when i turned the key and listened for the fuel pump to kick on it started cliking and wouldnt stop and it wouldnt start, does anyone have a solution to my problem?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Your battery is discharged. Put a charger on it and you'll be all set to go. The clicking you are hearing is the fuel pump relay going on and off because there is not enough power from the battery.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
get ready to buy a battery, my RXL, went every 2 years. If you dont hold 9 volts, it becomes drastically sick.........and makes all kinds of different noises

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Originally posted by pinkpower33
[br]get ready to buy a battery, my RXL, went every 2 years. If you dont hold 9 volts, it becomes drastically sick.........and makes all kinds of different noises
Yep pleasures of owning an rxl. I replace my battery every season and it always starts, plus I always have a spare.[;)]

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
actually if the EFI doesn't get 11.5 volts it starts doing funky stuff. Buy a new battery and while you are at it buy a battery tender or some type of offseason trickle charger that keeps the battery above 12V all the time, will save you many headaches with older Polaris EFI sleds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts