Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1994 Ski Doo not using any oil

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  indy800triple 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Noticed on my 1994 ski doo 470 stx that I have not used a drop of oil in almost a tank full of gas. I have adjusted the oil pump cable to line up and actually surpass the markings (hopefully to send more oil to the system). I ran it hard for 20 miles after that and it did indeed move about a quarter inch of oil out of the reservoir. Thinking I had taken care of the problem, we ran the sleds another 40 or so miles, and it did not move once again. I was able to get oil out of the bleeder via gravity so I think I can rule out a clogged filter. Is there a way to test the oil pump without completely pulling it? If I remove the small lines from the injector to the engine, I get a very small amount from each of the outputs on the pump when running, and only when I hit the throttle. But it doesnt seem like I am using anything in the long run, since the reservoir level remains the same. Last year the pump used oil just fine. Any thoughts out there?

#6 ·
indy800triple, this could be a possibility with the water in the bottle. We washed em up real nice and pretty before the season, and the first day out it was in the single digits. Maybe there is some water in there, I will have to pull the bottle and check. But with that in mind, would I be getting any oil out of the bleeder like I am now??

cat-ass, this is a liquid cooled motor.

#7 ·
Hey what about a clogged or semi clogged injector port?? i know on my sleds i have 2 ports and if you are only using some oil or none it could be getting a little bit to keep the engine from extreme damage but it may be something to check! Just trying to help problem solve! :)

#10 ·
c0pgrl736 said:
indy800triple, this could be a possibility with the water in the bottle. We washed em up real nice and pretty before the season, and the first day out it was in the single digits. Maybe there is some water in there, I will have to pull the bottle and check. But with that in mind, would I be getting any oil out of the bleeder like I am now??

The one that i was messing with would pump only a little then stop. The peice of ice we found was floating around and would get stuck and block the tube here and there, not all the time just enough to mess with you and keep you playing the head games

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.