Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our pogo-stick vmax is one of the most reliable sleds we've owned. However this season we were out and I noticed a weird vibration/grinding sound thats most irritating at about 50-60 km/h with partial throttle. Also If your say, going along and let go of the throttle and coast to a stop you can hear a sort-of clunking sound once every little while from the clutch area. This sled used to do about 150 km/h now does max 130 km/h. And if your wondering it has about 6000 km's on it. Anyone have an idea what may be the problem, or problems?

·
Registered
837 Posts
cpuld be something drobem in the clutchs or some bart has worn out, andother place to check would be the chain case, and the chain tension

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would check the drive belt to see if its missing a section of cogs. I have had the same problem you are describing and thats what it was.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've replaced the chain oil and adjusted the chain tension earlier but it still has the symtoms mentioned earlier.

Mark,

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had the same problem. It wound up being the throwout bearing on the drive shaft for the secondary clutch. Check yours and see if you have any play/slop. Like I said I just replaced mine, and that took care of the problem. Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts