Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 xlt just rebuilt the engine and put about 70 miles on it now i was driving it the other day and it died on my like it wasnt geting gas i could have kept going but i didnt and let it shut off by it self. then it would not start so i had got it back to the shop and got it runing agian and took it out agian and about 5 miles riding it did the same thing. I took the carbs out and they were clean as can be now i dont know what to do maybe the fuel pump or filter needs replacing. there was no gas in the lines that went to the carbs either.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
One thing can to mind while reading this. My buddy had the same problems with his cat. What im about to suggest to you is highly unlikly but it happend to him. Check all your fuel lines, if there not block, crushed or even burned close. The one fuel ling in his was burned closed because it was rubbing on his jack shaft.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Just going to throw a couple things out there to check

Check the pulse line to the pump, if it's got a real small leak, it might not supply enough to keep it running long while riding. (weak signal to the pump)

Rebuild the fuel pump - cost less than $10 and it's cheap insurance.

Fuel filter plugging up?

Pick-up hose in tank attached? Screen on pick-up hose clean?

Basically check out the whole fuel system, if it doesn't look right, replace or fix it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hangman said:
Just going to throw a couple things out there to check

Check the pulse line to the pump, if it's got a real small leak, it might not supply enough to keep it running long while riding. (weak signal to the pump)

Rebuild the fuel pump - cost less than $10 and it's cheap insurance.

Fuel filter plugging up?

Pick-up hose in tank attached? Screen on pick-up hose clean?

Basically check out the whole fuel system, if it doesn't look right, replace or fix it.
Ok well i basically check everything took apart the fuel pump looked pretty good i blew threw all the hoses all good and the filter was pretty clean. Im now thiking its the pick up hoes cause i have noticed it is at little under half a tank of gas and its been fine up to that from when i filled it up last.Maybe its either not atached or plugged does mine have a screen on the end of it and how do you get to it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts