Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

My Neighbor let his son use his sled and hit a manhole cover. We replaced trailing arms and radius rods got it all dialed in and now it won't start. This sled was in immaculate condition before wreck, and would always start two or three pulls. there is spark to all three cylinders but after putting in new plugs and pulling the plugs are dry, like its not getting gas. The sled isn't even close to turning over. Is there a coil that could be loose or something easy...lol. Any help of where else to look would be greatly appreciated! The Sled did start multiple times after wreck (to put on trailer and pull in garage.)

CHAD

·
Registered
506 Posts
Sounds like your not getting gas. fuel shut off? no fuel in tank? Try removing air box and spray fuel directly int carbs to see if she'll fire.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sprayed starting fluid and still wouldn't turn over. I thought it was the fuel pump until then. has gas going into fuel pump, but now gas coming out of fuel line to carb when you pull it. I don't know.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Pull the plugs and put some fuel directly into the cylinders.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Pour in a teaspoon or so into each hole, replace the plugs and give it a pull.

If it's got spark, that will make it fire for a second or so.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Pull the plugs and put some fuel directly into the cylinders.
X2, it sounds to me like your not getting fuel, it could be a slice in a fuel line, or the pulse line. It should be cheap enough and easy enough to just replace all the fuel lines, just because one carb is getting fuel they might not be getting enough to all of em.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i did notice in the clear fuel lines on the handlebars (pulse line?) the one that is open on the end was gurgling some fuel not dripping but you could see air bubbles moving in there.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
That clear hose on the handlebars wasn't the pulse line, that is the vent tube.

The pulse line goes from the motor crankcase to the fuel pump to make it pump fuel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts