Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 1995 ext 580 that seams real rich at an idle, also real smokie, we dont have enough snow to take it for a ride, it has not been on the trail for 2 years because of no snow, the last time that i had it out was 2 weeks ago and it would not allow me to get over half throttle it would bog down, i at the time did not leave it warm up enough, is it normal on these efi to be real rich and boggy at first? i just got this 3 weeks ago and have not rode it for more than 2 minutes because of the bog. i changed the plugs, and the efi box flashes only once on start up..any ideas..thanks..Tom

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you do not let your sled warm up properly it will bog. My sled is smokey everytime I start it up for the first time (for the season). Take it for a good run and see what happens.

·
Registered
287 Posts
How old is the gas that's in it?? Got any stabilizer in it (which smokes real good)??

·
Registered
975 Posts
Justa thought but my buddy's AC is smokey as well. Even the AC dealer said that the AC oil burns a little smokier,??And definately change that fuel

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Meh you could probably through some stabalizer in there.. It should soak up any water that may be in there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i've got the same problem and i have pulled most of my hair out trying to diagnose this so let me know if you figure it out, thanks. jason

·
Registered
975 Posts
[8D]I forgot......welcome to the forum guys. Someone sure as heck will be able to come on here and help ya.[:D]

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey tomtruck, i'm pretty sure i figured mine out. i rode it tonight for a while and it usually runs worse after i ride it a while. after i was done riding it was idleing really poorly, wouldnt wind out and was smoky at this time, i pulled off the injector wires to one injector. the one didnt make much difference and the other killed the sled. so i checked compression and it was about 70 lbs, same as the other. i checked spark and it had great spark but the plug was black and very wet and the other one was dry so i pulled the injectors out of the cyl and watched them work as i pulled it over. both of them were squirting. then i swapped them and rode it. when i checked it by pulling the wires off one injector, they had switched sides. i dont know what else it could be but a bad injector.
you might have one too. i think im going to love this sled if i ever get it right. so far though it sure has been frustrating. if you need to contact me for any reason, just email me at [email protected] excite.com. good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
new fuel injector was 220.00 so i cleaned this one. it was black and gunky where the fuel goes into it. i cleaned it out and it runs like jack the bear. i think i could love this sled if we ever get enough snow to really ride in. jason

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
motomanred, 70 lbs compression is quite low...

and I see you ride moto too, i assume honda, what bike u got and class u race?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i used to ride honda but i've rode yz 125's for the last few years. i haven't raced in a couple of years tho bec i broke my ankle really bad. what do you ride?
my yamaha sleds only used to make 60 puonds and i thought that was low but my yamaha dealer said thats all they make new, he said they arent like dirt bikes. i don't know any different i guess, im kind of new to snowmobiling.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts