Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me as much as you can about a 1995 arctic cat zr 700?

·
Registered
777 Posts
bobinw
you may want to check this out http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/Parts/SNOWMOBILE/1995/1995ZR700(95ZRC-1995)/

they didn,t make a 96,
i know the 94 zr700 was wicked fast.but it was detuned slighty for 95 for reliabilty issuses.
Edit:that link didn,t work.just copy and paste and it will work

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I had a buddy with one years back. It did have good power, but it was terrible to start and from what i remember it was also unreliable and often had engine problems. I think this is one particular model you may want to avoid, the ones near 1995, obviously the newer ones of today are far better.
Don't take my word for it, but that's just what i've heard :)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i'm positive that there was a 1995 zr 700 because i've seen two of them. My girlfriends dad had one and i just found out a little about it last night. Him and a guy at my local arctic cat dealer said that he would rather have a 95 than a 99 zr 700. His reason was because in 1995 they came with factory twin pipes and made a little over 120hp stock. The 99 700 came with a single pipe and was 15hp less and doggier than the 95. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i stand corrected i didnt think they had one in 95 and plus ive never seen one in my neck of the woods. but now i wonder if those heads and jugs will bolt on to my 580 crankcase [:D]

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found out for you and yes they will. BUT, make sure that they are zr jugs and not wildcat ones. The wildcat ones arn't any good but the zr jugs are awesome. My girlfriends dad said that he raced a wildcat and it stayed with his zr 700 till about 45mph then the zr blew it away. The only physical appearence between wildcat jugs and zr jugs are that the zr has reed valves and the wildcat don't.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This 700 is also carbed but, it is not a case reed, it is a piston-port reed so the reeds still attache to the motor and not the crankcase. If you have any pics of your sled you should e-mail them to me.

·
Registered
844 Posts
believe its 12.2 inches ctr to ctr. with a 1.365 offset

·
Registered
84 Posts
The Wild Cat had reeds(88-89 650/90-96 700) and was EFI rather then carbed like the 94-95 ZR 700

Yes the 93 and prior Widlcats could be bought with carbs

The 95-96 Widlcat 700 was in the same basic 94-96 ZR chassis

I cannot believe the amount of misinformation some of you guys put out[:(]

and yes I know he asked about the 95 ZR 700 which dynoed 119.5hp(94 ZR7)

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a 94 and just had a rod bearing go on it after 10k miles last year. And it's been a 790 since '98. Premix from day one and these terrible little crank rattlers become awesome motors.

If running Roundslides UFO's cure all bottom end bog and clean up the midrange a bit also. A must for these motors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This 700 is also carbed but, it is not a case reed, it is a piston-port reed so the reeds still attache to the motor and not the crankcase. If you have any pics of your sled you should e-mail them to me.

Agreed, this engine has a single reed on the bottom end of the intake port. Leading to the crank, to keep the reed concept. No exhaust valve, but it comes with twin pipes... Not sure the Dyno or speed run but it should be fun
if set up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts