Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how long that i should leave my 1995 arctic cat ext efi 580 warm up? i drove it for the first time last night and it was really boggy from half throttle , i could not get it too full throttle. it was also real smokey, like too rich maybe, i only let it warm for about 1 min

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a 93 EXT 550 efi and when it is cold out it would take a bit for it to warm up. If the efi is working right you may hear the motor rev up and down a few times until it settles to around 800 to 1100 rpm. If it does not do this then check your batt it may need to be replaced. The other thing is that when your efi chip goes the computer switches to a full rich mode that will "get you home" but it runs like crap.

Let me know what the problem was.

Oh and by the way 1 min is not much for a warm up time. If the temp was 20 or colder you need to give it more time. Like I said before the motor will rev up and down until it is warm enough to ride. I started my once a -40 and it took almost 15 min of the motor running up till I thought it was going to take off and then dropping to where it sounded like it was going to die. Trust the efi to do its job.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked the battery with a tester and it was reading 12.3 volts, there is not much snow here now, so i will let it warm up at least 5-10 minutes and try it,,, if the efi module was bad, would the sled even run?

·
Registered
246 Posts
It will run but like crap.

On the side of the efi box there is a little window look at it and turn on the machine. If everything is ok then you will see a single flash, if you see something else let me know I have the book that tells what the codes are.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, it is only blinking one time, i just got this and i think i didnt leave it warm up enough, i am waiting for snow to try it, i will leave it warm longer then hopefully it is ok

1 - 6 of 6 Posts