Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im looking into getting headers for my 1995 chevy 1500 and i am wondering which ones last for awhile and i have some more questions.cani get aset that bolt up to my stock exhaust?will i have to replace my whole exhaust if i get headers? thanks

· Registered
379 Posts
you won't have to replace your exhaust but you won't get there full potential with your stock exhaust with one tail pipe. Go with a one in two out muffler with duals to the back (catback) or straights with magnaflow high flo cats and super 44's. But headman headers are prolly your cheapest bet and they do work good. Look on craigslist i've been finding alot of headers on there that aren't even used yet or slightly used.

· Registered
180 Posts
go to summitracing.com. they have headers there that are pretty good. I have a set on my truck that are summit racing brand (made by pacesetter) they ran like 185 bucks or so. direct replacement to my stock manifolds, just make sure you get the shortys. the ones i got are just painted ones, as soon as you drive it the paint will burn off, but you can always get some header wrap and that will protect the bare metal from the elements as well as hold the heat in for better performance. any other questions about chevy trucks just feel free to PM me. I know pretty much anything there is to know about any chevy pickup from 88-2006

· Super Moderator
11,386 Posts
Get some shorty headers made for your application,they bolt up to the stock exhaust with no modifications. The thicker the header flange the better they usually seal.

Use these gaskets,I have 100,000 miles on mine.
http://percyshp.com/store/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=437

· Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks i have talked to my dads buddy who is an engine guy, and i told him i wanted more power he said it should have plenty already.he thinks the hypertech chip is screwing it up because when you take it out abnd put the stock one in it wont run?any ideas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.