Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what thing you would recamend to a first time snowmobile that just bought a 1995 440 not the sks or xcr? what performance mods would you suggest that also not to much? try to keep it around $600.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hmmm, I Dont Really Understand What You Mean...Your Saying You Bought A Sled... But Its Not A SKS or XCR? If Not...Which Kind Is It?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
pipe and clutch kit should be available for near that mark.
Get the clutch kit for the pipe you install and you should notice a reasonable gain in performance.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I'm a big believer in handling/suspension/weight loss before straight ahead speed. Going fast across the lake won't do you much good on the trails if your sled is all over the place and rides like a lumber wagon (and honestly, I don't know where you would find a pipe for a 1995 Indy440 anyway). So anyway, here's what things I would think about:

New plastic skis

A used xtra-10 rear skid, or rebuild (if possible) or new shocks all the way around

New paddle track and/or studs

Clutching

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help i think i will go with the suspension first cause i do alot of trail not racing thanks for the input.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Well, I did find some pipes for your sled:

http://www.link.ca/rsr/pdf/sectionc.pdf

At $300, they look like a bargin, compared to the $999 price right above for my XLT.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Those are good sleds, a buddy of mine's dad has one, it has over 12 or 13 thousand miles and it's first engine blew at 10 thousand miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts