Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have been trying to find bog thats giving me fits on this sled. Took apart the 2ndary for the 100th time and found that I have a 38 helix in there... It must have been a mod from the previous owner that I never noticed. It has a stock spring (red) but a 38 helix wich is not stock. I believe the stock helix is a 36. Do you think this is causeing the loss of power? If so, how can I compensate for it? Can I just change the spring position? I would rather not buy a new helix but if i must that is ok.

Thanks for the help,
~N

·
Registered
393 Posts
harnic said:
Hey guys,
I have been trying to find bog thats giving me fits on this sled. Took apart the 2ndary for the 100th time and found that I have a 38 helix in there... It must have been a mod from the previous owner that I never noticed. It has a stock spring (red) but a 38 helix wich is not stock. I believe the stock helix is a 36. Do you think this is causeing the loss of power? If so, how can I compensate for it? Can I just change the spring position? I would rather not buy a new helix but if i must that is ok.

Thanks for the help,
~N
You can check around but I think the stock Helix was a 34 on those.When does the sled bog?Taking off,coming out of a corner?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
My brother in Stillwater should have a stock Indy 500 clutch.
Let me know if interested.

I grew up in Lake Elmo, near Lake Jane.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts