Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends has a 95 storm 800, it's singal piped?? the water rail is behind the cylinders like the zrt 800 instead of above , the waterpump bolts on down bottom on the motor,? this is very strange , i couldnt find any storm with a singal pipe and he will argue with the devil saying its stock ? could this be a ultra 680 exhaust?, any info would be great,

ps: the motor dosent look nothing like the 95 indy storms thats i've saw on the net,
Thanks guys,
Cheers

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
get some pics....if the waterpump is on the bottom and it's got reeds its an Ultra or xcr 6/7/800. What do the casting numbers on the side of the jug say?

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Im guessing the engine has been swapped out, no 800 triples were single piped.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i knew there wasnt a triple with a singal pipe, thats alot of cc's to be pushin thru a small singal pipe, i dont think its a 680 because this "storm" pulls hard, and the "storm" dose have reeds, it couldnt be a xcr 7or8 because they have exhaust valves dont they? i will get some pics and post it, thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Ultra motors pull real hard and have reeds,lol. Thats my guess.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was actually looking at a ultra motor on eaby just now, and it is identical to his, ripped off is my guess, lol, im going to do a bore check this afternoon, ill let ya know

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
the 680 was the biggest triple Polaris made with a stock single pipe on it.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
if it is an ultra motor i wouldnt totally call it a rip off. throw on a set of aftermarket pipes and itll tear up most stock storms. ultra motors put out around 150 hp with a set of pipes and are good for many miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts