Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
If I'm remembering right they were a 670 with twin pipes from the factory. F2000 chassis with an Sc-10 rear end. They needed to run premium fuel. I only set up one when I worked for the dealership. Not much for a mountain sled. Too bulky to be a good bump sled. But the kick from the motor made it a blast to run on the river and trails. Not a mild sled by any means. The mix of the DSA front in the f2000 style and SC-10 from the s2000 seemed to work quite well.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
My first sled was a 95 mach 1. Great engine, tons of power and long life span. Mine had over 9000 miles on it before she quit. The stock rear skid isnt great by any means, I would look into something a little more modern. I had dual stinger cans on it, never heard a sled that sounded like it, very low tone at idle but a good scream on the top.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I had a 95 mach 1 670 great sled wasn't lacking on power on that sled. The only thing I hated about it was it was a bare to start. Other then that I loved it sled had 5000 miles and ran great.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its in pretty good shape. needs a new windshield and exhaust but other than that its good. The only thing is the guy has no paperwork for it and i just feel uncomfortable buying a sled without proper paperwork

·
Registered
6 Posts
It sounds like a nice sled... I would probably feel a little uncomfortable buying without paper work, but 375 sounds like a steal, I would take that in a heartbeat. Those mach ones had the 670 rotax which i think is one of the greatest engines skidoo has ever made.

·
Registered
232 Posts
yea 375 sounds like a great price even w/o paperwork so i would take it, a 670 sounds like a powerhouse of an engine and from what everyone else is saying it sounds like that they are pretty reliable too. if its in good running condition then i would take it for the price. quick question were the 670's triples or twins?

·
Registered
232 Posts
oh because i know they started making the 670's into triples in the 97 model year

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
D'oh!

Ignore what I said before. The sled I was thinking about was a "prototype" our manager wanted to build. He made his own Mach out of a summit 670 and a 94 mx. The stickers were custom made to match the mach that was to be released the next season. He actually sold the thing to a customer, who promptly trashed it because he had no respect for the value of a sled.

What can I say, my mind is going........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.