Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a nice looking one for 375$ needs carbs cleaned and a new exhaust. can anyone tell me anything about the 95 mach 1's?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
If I'm remembering right they were a 670 with twin pipes from the factory. F2000 chassis with an Sc-10 rear end. They needed to run premium fuel. I only set up one when I worked for the dealership. Not much for a mountain sled. Too bulky to be a good bump sled. But the kick from the motor made it a blast to run on the river and trails. Not a mild sled by any means. The mix of the DSA front in the f2000 style and SC-10 from the s2000 seemed to work quite well.

·
Registered
282 Posts
A real Brut to pull over if my memory serves me correctly

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
My first sled was a 95 mach 1. Great engine, tons of power and long life span. Mine had over 9000 miles on it before she quit. The stock rear skid isnt great by any means, I would look into something a little more modern. I had dual stinger cans on it, never heard a sled that sounded like it, very low tone at idle but a good scream on the top.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I had a 95 mach 1 670 great sled wasn't lacking on power on that sled. The only thing I hated about it was it was a bare to start. Other then that I loved it sled had 5000 miles and ran great.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its in pretty good shape. needs a new windshield and exhaust but other than that its good. The only thing is the guy has no paperwork for it and i just feel uncomfortable buying a sled without proper paperwork

·
Registered
6 Posts
It sounds like a nice sled... I would probably feel a little uncomfortable buying without paper work, but 375 sounds like a steal, I would take that in a heartbeat. Those mach ones had the 670 rotax which i think is one of the greatest engines skidoo has ever made.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Im not suprised he doesnt have paperwork for it, its an old sled, who knows who has the m.s.o. and stuff for it. You would probly be alright buying it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
yea 375 sounds like a great price even w/o paperwork so i would take it, a 670 sounds like a powerhouse of an engine and from what everyone else is saying it sounds like that they are pretty reliable too. if its in good running condition then i would take it for the price. quick question were the 670's triples or twins?

·
Registered
232 Posts
oh because i know they started making the 670's into triples in the 97 model year

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
D'oh!

Ignore what I said before. The sled I was thinking about was a "prototype" our manager wanted to build. He made his own Mach out of a summit 670 and a 94 mx. The stickers were custom made to match the mach that was to be released the next season. He actually sold the thing to a customer, who promptly trashed it because he had no respect for the value of a sled.

What can I say, my mind is going........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts