Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to mod my stock 1995 Vmax 600 and I was wondering if anyone knew where to start? I'm having a hard time finding ANYTHING about my sled on the net at all! Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks guys....

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
You could also try Hi-Performance Engineering. You can request a free cataloge on line too:

www.hiperf.com

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 97 vmax 600 too. It is hard to find parts for it but I would try the links above. Right I live in the UP of Michigan so I use more low end power. It came with a 1.5 track when I bought it so now I just put a 21 sprocket, came with a 23. Also I would change a head gasket to a thinner one. That brings up more power cause of the low compression that they come with. So I dont know what you want to do with yours but if you tell me I can help more out.

Justin Jarmus

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
97 triple cylinder? yamaha triple could just remove a layer from the stock head gasket to attain the higher compression. I forget if this applies here. NM 99.9% sure it doesn't apply here.

·
Registered
506 Posts
the yammi 600 triple wasn't realed until 98 or maybe even 99 SD, this is a 95, it'll be a twin. personally, I haven't had great great experiences with bender, but I had a pipe on my phazer from hauck, and it reall y livened that little sled up. I liked it alot. plus they sponsor my race team, so I'm kinda obligued to say them : )

http://www.hauckpowersportsinc.com/

I believe that link should work.

they have some fairly good mods for the 600 twins, they really used to make those things go back in the day, those and the max-4's, they still keep max-4's on their race team (who doesn't, jeez, can we say BUILT TO RACE)

I would recomend a pipe, or even just a porting job to start, hauck offers a whole line of porting jobs, and they may not advertise it on the website, but call them, I'm sure they still know how it's done : )

I believe they also made billet heads for the twins aswell. dunno for sure tho. and I've never tried those, so I can't tell ya how well they work. best bet would be pipe/port/polish

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts