Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a 1995 ZR 580 EFI. I'm looking to get a little more out of. I ride in northwest Illinois so its mainly fields and ditches. I was thinking about studding the track but was wondering what kind and how many picks i should go with. I also need new wearbars and was wonder which i should go with. 4 or 6 inch? and so on. I got a new belt as my old one had chunks missing out of it. Hopefully that fixes why it feels like im hitting a wall when i get up to about 50-60mph anything else that might cause this?

thanks markus

·
Registered
144 Posts
i have 4 inch. it depends on the conditions which you ride in. like fields and ditches the skiis are more detrimental than skags. and depends on how much ice and hard hard pack you ride in. i think that i am gonna go with 96 cause its not too much weight but still good hookup.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also this is my first year with this sled is there anything i need to check out never had efi. Ive ran a can a seafoam threw it and greased the track. It also already has plastic skis on it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
that is battery efi too. well i have never done seafoam. heard lots of bad things like plain gumming things up. maybe a little fuel injection cleaner. and in the summer we just start them now and then. not enough for them to burn up but enough to keep things wet and working

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
98zr600le said:
well i have never done seafoam. heard lots of bad things like plain gumming things up. maybe a little fuel injection cleaner. and in the summer we just start them now and then. not enough for them to burn up but enough to keep things wet and working
Sounds like you are misinformed. A little Sea-Foam is a good thing. I run a half-can through my EFI sleds when I fill them up for the first time. Helps keep the injectors free and clear. I have never had a problem doing so. It's a common practice for many others also.

And if you start them in the summer, make sure you run them long enough to get everything good and warmed up. If you just let it run for a couple minutes, it may not have time to burn any condensation out should there be any.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i may be wrong on the seafoam yes lol but we never had anybad luck with our sleds so why chance it you know? but i guess nothing bad with it. and ya they run a few minutes but not enough where the heat exchangers are screaming lol and the temp light is ready to come on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts