liquid or fan, makes all the difference

·
Registered
232 Posts
then acm has it right about 65-70.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Theres no way it has 70HP. More like 45 max. The newest Cat 440 fan race sleds were only 67hp, and those were tuned to the max from the factory

EDIT

Just found this quote from snowgoer in march 1999 regarding the 99 jag 440

With a twist of the key, the Jag 440 Deluxe burbles to life. It doesn’t roar like a ZRT, but it isn’t intended to. Instead, it hums and chug-a-lugs, idling quietly while patiently waiting for its turn on the trails.

‘Polite” might be a good way to describe the 431cc fan-cooled Fuji twin. Arctic Cat officials claim they get 42 HP out of the engine, which is fed by a single 34mm carb and cleared through a single tuned pipe. After testing the sled, that number seems a bit optimistic, but anybody who buys in this class doesn’t expect tendon-stretching takeoffs.
I believe its the liquid cooled ZL and ZR 440s that were around 70HP

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I thought the 570 put out 65-70 hp, my parents fanner 440 only puts out about 50-55 hp. That's my best guess, and I'm pretty sure I've read it somewhere that it's about right for hp.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Wow you guys are way off,42HP for the single carbed fan 440 and 56hp for the twin carbed fan 440.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I was about right then, assuming that it had dual carbs. At least we got a good answer.

·
Registered
232 Posts
motodeficient said:
Theres no way it has 70HP. More like 45 max. The newest Cat 440 fan race sleds were only 67hp, and those were tuned to the max from the factory

EDIT

With a twist of the key, the Jag 440 Deluxe burbles to life. It doesn’t roar like a ZRT, but it isn’t intended to. Instead, it hums and chug-a-lugs, idling quietly while patiently waiting for its turn on the trails.

‘Polite” might be a good way to describe the 431cc fan-cooled Fuji twin. Arctic Cat officials claim they get 42 HP out of the engine, which is fed by a single 34mm carb and cleared through a single tuned pipe. After testing the sled, that number seems a bit optimistic, but anybody who buys in this class doesn’t expect tendon-stretching takeoffs.
now now i could be wrong but assuming im right, then ur on crack cuz thers no way that a 440 fan only puts out only 42. but that could be the jag and could be alot different then my 440 fan. cuz mine puts out about 67hp but then again mine has dual carbs.

1,792 Posts
pro-x220x said:
motodeficient said:

EDIT

now now i could be wrong but assuming im right, then ur on crack cuz thers no way that a 440 fan only puts out only 42. but that could be the jag and could be alot different then my 440 fan. cuz mine puts out about 67hp but then again mine has dual carbs.

Ok, I'll settle this with a reliable source:

http://www.snowgoer.com/output.cfm?id=2362411

It's a '99, but I don't think they dropped from 70 to 42 hp in 3 years.

·
Registered
718 Posts
not to mention that those single carbed jags were pretty fuel efficient for they're time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts