Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996xls.It wouldn't start, so I took the carbs off and cleaned them thuroughly.It still will not start.I tried seating the needles all the way in adjusting the idle screw in then I tried the opposite.I siphened most of the old gas out and put in some new.I didn't replace the filter but I did drain and clean the carbs.
Please help,snows almost here.
Thanks alot...you guys rock.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cleaned the carbs very well and it will stay running for over a minute if I dump fuel into the cylinder.All three cylinders are about 120-125 on the compression-o-meter.I have started replacing fuel filters because the response when I throttle the gas seems to be good.That's not to say their not bad, I would rather be sure first. The worst thing of all, is I pretty mechanically inclined, It just I haven't worked on small engines since high school.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It seemed to be related to the belt side cylinder not getting spark.After repairing that concern (see fixed belt side cylinder not getting spark) it started and ran well after setting the mixture and idle.
Thanks again to everyone that contributed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.