Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do these sleds have the same chassis? My friend bought some pipes for the 1996 MXZ 583 which supposedly fitted on to the 1997 MXZ 670. He tried them but the hood was just a little small and it started to hit. So I have the 1997 MXZ 670 and he is willing to trade the twin Stinger pipes and stinger cans for the can off mine. He also said i can keep the old pipe since i also have the stock can. But should it fit on mine? And this trade worth it? He said if they don't fit we will trade back and he will also give me his DG can for the stock exhaust JUST incase. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, they both have the S-2000 chassis, the engines may be mounted differently from a 583 to a 670 I believe the 670 engine sits lower and is tilted forward more than the 583. I would try them and see if they fit, you may want to find out who made the pipes and call the manufacturer just to make sure they will fit your sled, but it sounds likea deal I would look into.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the guy that had them before said they are 670 pipes which were for my sled. i bought the sled the guy with the 583 bought th pipes. but if anything my engine would need to be pushed back more and pushed more to the right for them to fit. apperntly they are stinger pipes but we cant find a name on them so we are not sure.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey thanks a lot man for checking that out for me i really really appriciate it. so i guess i will buy the pipes from him or trade him or whatever he wants to do. so i might soon own twin pipes one thing i wanted for my wish list for this sled :D thanks a lot wildirishmanrob nice name by the way

·
Registered
22 Posts
If someone where to steal a 670 motor out of someone i know sled wouldnt that motor fit in the 583 chassis ;) lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anyone know any tricks with the 670's and 583's that would help in drag racing and helping with traction? also would parts i steal off madwarriors sled fit on my 583? any aftermarket parts or tunning tips or gearing that would help? also a clutch set up for one or the other? thanx

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol hmm wonder who ur talking about? hey ecko thanks for the pipes by the way lol even if i do have to steal them! RACES TOORROW WAHOO!!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Originally posted by wildirishmanrob
[br]i went to Ronnies and the part #s for a 1996 mxz 583 or 670 are the same but not the same for 1996 to 1997
As my memory serves me correctly the exhaust will work, I belive that the 96 had a side dump exhaust into the can and the 97 was a end dump, the only difference was it changed the hot side of the engine (Pto instead of Mag) you can go and get the specs from a dealer to get the main jet change.

As far as the pipes not fitting and having to move the engine tells me one thing, they are not made for your sled, be it the 670 or the frame.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
they never fit on the 583 but are suppose to fit on the 670 so we are not sure yet

1 - 16 of 16 Posts